New Heights School & Learning Services runs a unique specialized program tailored to preschool and school age children with autism spectrum disorder, or have similar learning differences. New Heights Home & Community Support (HCS) is a play-based program that utilizes the strengths and interests of each child to address developmental goals. The focus of HCS program is on services to children age 2.5 – 7 years.
We are currently accepting resumes for one full-time maternity leave position as a Developmental Assistant to work in our Home and Community Support program.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, Developmental Assistants will:
- Support families by modeling strategies for parents/guardians and coaching them as they practice
- Determine approaches that are most effective for the family and child
- Develop and implement playful and engaging learning activities to address specified goals inside the home and the community
- Monitor and document child and family progress
- Post-secondary education (certificate, diploma, and/or degree) in an appropriate discipline
- Experience working with families with children with autism spectrum disorder or similar social and communication challenges
- Background in early childhood development a definite asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to be self-directed, flexible, highly motivated and to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Must have availability to work within Monday to Friday 8:00am-6:00pm time frame
- Must have vehicle & valid driver’s license
What we offer:
- time compensation for travel as well as paid mileage ($0.59/km)
- flexible schedule
- vacation time, personal days
- comprehensive benefits package plus health spending account (completely covered by New Heights)
- access to professional development funds
- a team of fun and caring staff
- a culture that values work-life balance, as well as personal and professional growth
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Resumes will be received until a suitable candidate is found. Position can start in January 2022. All applicant submissions are appreciated, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.