Tuition & Fees
Home & Community Support Program
The Home & Community Support Program (HCS) offers several programs that are funded through Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD).
- Families with an approved Specialized Services contract receive consultation and coaching at home and in the community from a multi-disciplinary team including a developmental assistant, psychologist, occupational therapist, and speech language pathologist. For families with a preschool child attending New Heights, their home and classroom teams work together under a Common Approach to ensure consistency across all environments.
- Families with approved contracts for Developmental or Behavioural Supports receive consultation and coaching at home and in the community from a developmental assistant and professionals in one to two disciplines including occupational therapy, speech and language, or psychology.
Early Intervention Preschool/Kindergarten Program
The majority of our Early Intervention Preschool/Kindergarten students are eligible for Program Unit Funding (PUF). PUFs funding is provided for a maximum of 3 years and is available for children aged 2 years 8 months and less than 6 years of age by September 1. Most children receive PUFs approval for 1 year at a time and documentation is submitted each year for renewal.
Government PUFs funding is greater than funding for Severe Disabilities as the province hopes that early intervention will enable many children to progress to the point that their needs can be adequately met with regular base funding. Preschool families do not pay tuition, but children riding the bus pay a fee ($240/month) to help subsidize this cost as Alberta Education does not cover the total cost of transportation.
Grade 1-12 School Program
- Non-refundable application fee – $100
- Tuition Fee – $12,000 per school year
- Parent Advisory Committee Contribution – $350 per school year or 5 hours of volunteering